Interior Design Director
Responsible for directing creative and technical aspects of interior design including planning, development of designs, presentation materials, construction documents, and construction administration services. This position requires an advanced understanding of interior design as it relates to workplace standards, building interiors construction, finish specifications, furnishings, and architecture.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works independently exercising discretion and judgment, and collaboratively with internal team members and consultants to create complete, coordinated and cohesive work products.
- Participates actively in overall Firm marketing efforts and generation of proposals. Oversees generation of proposals for all interiors specific projects and participates in other proposals as necessary to assure successful integration of interiors related efforts.
- Leads or coordinates interiors related design efforts on all large and/or complex projects. Acts as advisor to multiple clients through development of relationships and Firm reputation.
- Directs project teams for multiple projects through all phases. Oversees team and consultant production and coordination of construction documents. Assures alignment with clients’ goals, budget and schedule.
- May perform some of, or all, of the following services: Documentation of existing conditions, space planning, furniture system selection and planning, design and construction plans/details/specifications, material and color selection, assembly of material and sample presentations, permitting, and construction administration support.
- Integrates findings with knowledge of interior design and formulates design plans to be practical, esthetic and conducive to the spaces intended purpose.
- Coordinates work and interacts with technical team members from related building disciplines. Provides support to Project Manager regarding overall schedule, staffing, and financial performance of the work.
- At appropriate phase intervals, checks project documents and provides detailed review comments and mark-ups, and at times may be called upon to provide quality assurance review of the work of peers within the firm.
- Prepares plans, documentation and communications using computer assisted design/modeling software and standard business software.
- Attends association and related organization events as an ambassador for the Firm.
- Oversees preparation and coordination of design presentations and leads client interactions. Establishes guidelines and framework for interiors related presentations with coordination from the Design Director.
- Supervises interiors program for the Firm including teams and interns involved in projects.
Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Interior Design or Architecture.
- State Certification in Interior Design preferred.
- 14+ years’ experience in the interior design field; with a minimum of 2 years as a certified interior designer.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of the impact of building codes and related regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral formats. Possesses strong proposal writing skills.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of interior materials, finishes and furnishing systems with an ability to maintain project efficiencies and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with computer aided drafting/modeling software and, desktop publishing software and other standard business software used in the firm.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, time management, leadership and team-building skills.
Send an email to us with the position’s title in the subject line, and attach your resume in Adobe PDF format.