Responsible for creative and technical aspects of interior design including planning, programming, development of designs, presentation materials, construction documents, and construction administration services. This position requires an understanding of interior design as it relates to workplace standards, building interiors construction and related building codes, design for accessibility, finish specifications, furnishings, and interiors as they relate to architecture.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with minimal direction exercising discretion and judgment, and collaboratively with internal team members and consultants to create complete, coordinated, and cohesive work products.
- Supports individual interiors projects or may support multi-disciplinary projects.
- Performs some of, or all, of the following services: Documentation of existing conditions, space planning, lighting layouts, furniture system selection and planning, design and construction plans, details, and specifications, material and color selection, assembly of material and sample presentations, permitting, and construction observation support.
- Works simultaneously on multiple projects at various stages of completion.
- Coordinates work and interacts with technical team members from related building disciplines.
- Produces detailed interior design documents for integration with other disciplines into unified packages. Provides support and coordination of integration of interiors for overall architectural efforts.
- Prepares designs, plans, presentation quality renderings, documentation, and communications using computer assisted design/modeling software and standard business software.
- Supervises small teams of 2 or more employees and interns involved in projects.
Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture preferred, or equivalent experience in the field of interior design.
- 4+ years’ experience in the interior design field; with an active pursuit of certification as an interior designer.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Possess an intermediate understanding of interior materials, finishes and furnishing systems with an ability to maintain project efficiencies and meet deadlines.
- Strength and efficiency in REVIT and other BIM software desired
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, time management, and team-building skills.
Salary DOE and location: $71k-$95k
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Annual performance bonus
- Flexible hybrid WFH/WFO schedule
- Professional development annual stipend
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by law.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume & portfolio referencing Interior Designer in the subject line of your correspondence.
Send an email to us and attach your files in PDF format.