Position Summary: Responsible for creative and technical aspects of the delivery of architectural projects including planning, development of designs, presentation materials, construction documents and construction administration services. This position requires a well-rounded understanding of the various aspects of the architectural field, but depending upon experience, aptitude and/or personal preference, this position may include a specialization in a particular aspect or area of architectural expertise within the firm.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works independently exercising discretion and judgment, and collaboratively with co-workers and consultants to create complete, coordinated, and cohesive work products.
- Leads individual projects or serves in a supporting capacity on projects of a large scale or complex nature.
- Performs some of or all the following services: programming, documentation of existing conditions, design, code reviews, design, and construction plans/details/specifications, permitting and construction administration support.
- Works simultaneously on multiple projects at various stages of work, depending on project sizes/complexity and schedule.
- Directs technical team members (employees and consultants) focused on contract deliverable documents at each phase of the work.
- Plans layout of project documents (both print and electronic) and integrates consultants work into organized project packages.
- At appropriate phase intervals, checks project documents and provides detailed review comments and mark-ups, and at times may be called upon to provide quality assurance peer review of the work of peers within the firm.
- Prepares plans, documentation and communications using computer assisted design/modeling software and standard business software.
- Provides support to Project Manager regarding overall schedule, staffing, and financial performance of the work.
- As appropriate, may engage with the client to ascertain requirements, participate in presentation of work for review and approval, or maintain appropriate communications.
- Coordinates work with contractors, code enforcement officials, or other third parties as a part of performing the work.
- Supervises small teams of 2 or more technical employees and consultants involved in project(s).
Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture or related field preferred, if on licensure track preferred to have first professional degree in Architecture. 8+ years’ experience in Architecture if professional degree is not in Architecture or a related field.
- Licensed architect required, (California preferred).
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to use working knowledge of architectural design and all consultants work to maintain project efficiencies and meet deadlines. Possess an in-depth understanding of building codes and the basics of most building systems.
- Ability to operate basic computer aided drafting/modeling software and hardware and other standard business software used in the office.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, time management, leadership, and team-building skills.
- Knowledge of REVIT and BIM fundamentals highly desired.
- Experience in carrying projects from Design through Construction on medium to large projects.
Salary DOE and location: $90k-$125k
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Annual performance bonus
- Flexible hybrid WFH/WFO schedule
- Professional development annual stipend
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by law.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume & portfolio referencing Project Architect in the subject line of your correspondence.
Send an email to us and attach your files in PDF format.